May 6, 2014
What makes Pella so Energy Efficient?
MULTIPLE PANES OF GLASS
Two or three panes of glass means more layers of protection between the weather and your home.
- Colorless nontoxic gas that’s denser than air
- Inserted between the panes of glass to provide extra insulation from the heat and cold
LOW-EMISSIVITY (LOW-E) GLASS COATINGS
- In the winter, low-emissivity (Low-E) glass reflects heat back into the room, keeping it warmer
- In the summer, it reflects heat away from your home, keeping it cooler
- Block most of the sun’s harmful UV rays, helping to prevent fade damage to your carpet, furniture and window treatments
Many ingenious features and options help our products improve your home’s energy efficiency, such as:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks to further separate the inside from the outside
- Our exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed around glass edge to greatly reduce the possibility of seal failure