YOU HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO PURCHASE NEW WINDOWS…NOW WHAT DO YOU DO? HOW DO YOU CHOOSE?
Designed to conserve energy with high durability and low maintenance, vinyl replacement windows are an excellent choice when it comes to replacing the old single pane windows you currently have in your home. There is a maze of information out there on windows. Do I want Hurricane windows? Do I need double strength glass? What is the best brand name for my home? I have had high estimates before and I do not think I can afford them. How much will these windows save me off my electric bill? Will it cut down on noise? What kind of warranty does it have? These are often asked questions. So that you can make a clear choice, Best Investments Siding and Windows offers you the following information:
- Hurricane windows, also know as Impact windows, are designed for the coastal areas and are all tested from the TDI Texas Department of Insurance. All window manufacturers have to go through testing of all of their windows. Do you need impact windows inland? Not at all, but in zone 1 on the coastal areas you either have to have a window with a DPI of 50 and plywood to install insulated windows or Hurricane Impact windows, (with no plywood) or rolling shutters.
- Most economy windows with a 3/8 to 3/4 space between the glass are usually low performance windows and have single strength glass. Some come with out Low E glass. The Higher performance windows will come from3/4 inch to 1in spacer between the glass and come with Low E square and argon gas. Along with these some models come with the Cardinal 366 glass and Low E sq. package which will perform better that the builders grade windows, and come with a Lifetime warranty against seal failure as well as frame warranty straight from the manufacturer.
- As far as brand names we have installed most brand names like Simonton, Pella, Anderson, NT,Jeldwin, Homecraftsman, Marvin, Certainteed, Custom, Don Young, Builders Choice, Vinyl, wood, aluminum, composite. Double hung, single hung, triple pane,(triple glazed) double glazed (insulated dual pane) Grids, colonial lites, prairie grids, no grids,tinted, no tinting,casements, operators, sliders,triangles, octagons,oval, quarter rounds, half rounds,eyebrows,Hexagons,etc picture windows etc.
- In the world of windows out there in the market place it is very confusing. Some like price, some like features, some like high performance. We have them all. 9 out of 10 times we can put you in a better window for less money.
- Each person has different uses in their utility bills. We can come out an make an assessment on your home in what your special needs are. We have had reports up to 50% in savings off their energy bills. It all depends on your circumstance.
- Noise Reduction Whether it is cars whizzing by,restless neighbors next door,airplane noise, or power tools blasting. With Super Spacer Technology helps keep it quiet inside. Just another reason you can be more comfortable in your home.
- Some windows in the market place only have 3,5 or 10 year warranty’s on seal failure. All the windows we recommend have a lifetime warranty against seal failure. We take care of you the homeowner even after the sale and installation. Just call us if you have a problem and we will take care of it for you. No sitting around months waiting on a manufacturer’s rep to show up. Each of the windows has a serial # that tells us when, where and time we installed your windows.
- The High performance windows that we carry will qualify for the American Recovery Act for 2009
- Recessed, Easy clean composite tilt latches that are 5 times the strength of standard nylon latches
- Roller tilt cont force stainless steel balance system for smooth an quiet operation
- Extruded Aluminum screen frame for long lasting durability and appearance.
- DP rating of 40 with optional DP60 high performance pkg.
- Dual glaze with double strength glass as standard features where most companies charge extra.
- NXT Super Spacer for the warm edge technology.
- Wet glazed, high performance silicone for superior performance.
- All frames fusion welded at 45 degrees to eliminate air and water penetration.
- 7 degree true slop sill to naturally drain all water with double weatherstripped interior leg.
- High performance CAM action locks that out perform the industry standards
- Two integrated sash ventilation night latches
- 3-1/4 100% pure virgin PVC frame with multiple chambers and heavy wall, designed for maximum structural strength
- Full reinforced meeting rail for maximum strength wide and deep interlocks.
- Unique raised beveled design to enhance your home’s beauty
- Test to meet and or surpass all the industry standards set by Energy Star, NFRC,AAMA and EWC